Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A couple of kiddos and some clouds..

The VLVS! DT has the pleasure of working with some Creative Paperclay® this month (Available @ VLVS! HERE) and I chose to turn mine into clouds! But first.. I had to start out with a VLVS! Stamp..

I picked this stamp:




It's so sweet and gentle! Then I grabbed my Memento Tuxedo black ink, my VLVS! Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder.. and some gorgeous BoBunny patterned paper. I'm also a huge fan of recycling.. so I pulled out some packaging cardboard to my card base and some corrugated cardboard to make my stamp stand out. I stamped the image, doused in powder and heated. Then I cut to size all my pieces.. did a little distressing.. both with scissors and vintage photo distress ink. I got out my Miracle tape and began setting things in place!

I shaped my Creative PaperClay® and let dry.. then I went over it with Picket Fence distress stain.. sponged it with vintage photo distress ink and ran the stamp pad along the edges!! Last.. I adorned my card with a piece of vintage lace, some cream colored pearls, a butterfly wing and a tim holtz charm and my handmade clouds!


 a closeup of the clouds:

 and the stamp:

As a final step to make things "flow" I went arond some extra edges with distress stain in picket fence. Love the effect :D

-DeeDee

4 comments:

Lyneen said...

Great card. love the colors and use of Creative Paperclay®

Sandra Strait said...

What an awesome card!

Cindy said...

Terrific card Dee Dee! Love what you did with the clay.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Purnima Girouard said...

You are always an original! I love how you chose to use the paper clay... great card!