Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A stamp for all occasions

 Happy Thursday! Leslie-Rahye joining you today for some stamping goodness! One of the reasons Viva Las Vegastamps! is my favorite stamp store is because of the tremendous selection of stamps!! There are over 19,000 different images and sayings! I personally LOVE to celebrate...and not just the big celebrations--birthdays, anniversaries, holidays such as Christmas, Chanukkah, Halloween, Easter, Valentines...well you get the picture. I also LOVE to celebrate the "little" things too! Did you know September is National Sewing Month?? Did you know that the 19th of September was International Talk Like a Pirate Day--well, ok, if you know me then yes, you probably DID know that one. How about this one--September 22nd is Elephant Appreciation Day [I have always wanted a pet elephant!]. Or that the Safety Pin was invented on September 30th! You can find all of these and TONS more on websites all about celebrating special days. SO with all of these stamps to choose from, you can make projects for EVERY ocassion--literally! Today I share with you some of my "seasonal:" ATCs and a tile magnet! I hope you enjoy my projects!

The Method

For these projects you will need:


Eco Art Board in the ATC size and in the 2×2" tile
Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks
Black Paris Trunk Ink
PrismaColor pencils
Tombow Glue, Beacon Fabri-tac
strong magnet
Each piece was created in the same manner. I swiped the Antique Linen Distress Ink over the surface of the Eco Art Board. I next stamped my background image with Frayed Burlap and inked the edges of the board to add emphasis to the edges. The focus image was stamped onto the Eco Art Board in black. The black image was highlighted with PrismaColor pencils.
For the Artist Trading Cards, I swiped and patted the Antique Linen Ink onto some Kromecote and set it with my heat tool. Next with black ink I stamped my sayings--again setting the ink with the heat tool. The sentiments were cut out and in some cases cut apart. The edges were inked with the Frayed Burlap and the pieces were adhered with the Tombow glue.
For the 2×2" tile I stamped on the layers of images--first the swirl and then the safety pins in Black. once the ink had dried, I applied a thin coat of Crystal Lacquer to the tile. Once dry I added a strong magnet to the back using Beacon Fabri-tac
Now thanks to the selection and availability of Viva Las Vegastamps! I can make little pieces of art to trade with my friends for any occasion and fun gifts to commemorate special events! Thank you VLVS!
~leslierahye
Remember there are only 2 more days left to enter your application for the Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team!
AND Have you pinned your favorite new plate that is being released?!?! Read all about how to enter to win one of these fabulous new plates of stamps!!!

4 comments:

cbee said...

these are great projects ... didn't know of these special dates but it's interesting - especially when it inspires you to make such fabulous things!

Barbara Rankin said...

Love these ATCs. They are so neat the way you did them. I love the backgrounds. TFS

Sandra Strait said...

These are all fantastic, but I keep coming back to that first one--amazing!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Love them all..the Antique Linen Distress Ink is one of my favorite colors/techniques to use. I absolutley love the details on that antique sewing machine....heeeheeee it is sew special like all your pieces.