Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Nestled in the Christmas Tree...

Hello my lovelies!
Aimee here, hoping you're enjoying the holiday season!
 
I love this time of year.
 I like shopping for other people, the concerts
with my kids (choir, band, orchestra),
Christmas music, and putting my wiener dogs in cute sweaters.
 
As you will recall, last month the design team did a lot of
awesome projects with the December Daily plate.
I thought I wouls share with you one of my
spreads in my
"December Daily...and then some" book.
This is one of my favorites!!
 
You could easily use this technique for a scrapbook page
or holiday card.
 
Wanna make it?
OK!
 
You'll need:
card stock to stamp on (I used kraft)
2-3 green ink pads (mine are all from Ranger)
at least 3 green Stickles
scraps of card stock to stamp wiener and number on
Ink to stamp wiener and number with
scissors
miracle tape sheet
colored pencils/markers/whatever you like to color with
 
 Stamp around the edge and bottom of your page repeatedly using the pine branch,
making sure to move the stamp around to change the angle.
I stamped around the entire thing with Shabby Shutters distress Ink,
then again with Bottle Adirondak ink,
and then again with Library green Archival Ink.
 Stamp the wiener and the number on card stock.
Trim loosley around the wiener.
Remove the liner from a piece of Miracle Tape (I used the sheet),
and place wiener on top.
Fussy cut out the wiener.
Stamp the number on card stock and cut out.
Color both as desired and set aside.
 Now the fun part!
Go over some of the pine branches with Stickles.
I used Shabby Shutters, peeled paint, Green, and Holly.
Set aside to dry (mine took all night!).
Once dry, peel the liner off of the weiner, add a strip
of miracle tape to the number, and add them to your page.
 
And a little bonus....
 I made these tags for my family members to write their
Christmas wish lists on.
On a manilla tag, use Distress Inks
to create a back ground.
Put a little water on your hand and fling onto the tag to create water marks.
Dry with heat tool or just let it dry.
Ink up harlequin background stamp with one of the Distress Inks
that you used, and stamp on the tag.
Add names to the tags with little letter stickers.
 
Andddd....
here's your wiener!
Sammy getting into the Christmas spirit!

3 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Ooh, so cool! Do you buy your kraft cardstock or cut kraft down to size?

Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]tisKzZprra[/url] , SyXmuZxDyGGikmjn , http://yuxeflk.com

Unknown said...

Now this is SO FUN!