Monday, December 10, 2012

Time FLIES When It Comes to Greencrafting...


Happy Monday and Welcome to Viva Las Vegastamps!!! It's only 15 days until Christmas and I'm going to give you a break from the HOLIDAY extravaganza. Today I am sharing a greencrafted creation that I created for the Anything But A Card Challenges a few weeks back.

I needed to create a "TIME" themed project for the challenge. I knew I wanted to use the new flying watch stamp, but I didn't know what I was going to create. As I muddled about, my "ONE TOUCH RULE" began to take effect. You ask, what is a "ONE TOUCH RULE"??? I set this up for myself because I am really bad about putting my craft stuff away and it's pretty simple: if I pick up something in order to get something else needed for a project - IT'S getting used in TODAY'S PROJECT. This collage utilized many leftover items taking up residence on my craft table - resulting in a gorgeous green-crafted transformation of an empty holiday card carton.

       



This project began as an empty carton that a set of holiday cards come in - REALLY!!! I've transformed this gem into a shadow box with some clear gesso, leftover painted paper and textured paper scraps, silver cellophane tissue, an empty perfume mini, a broken skeleton key, loads of miracle tape, some May Arts stitched grosgrain trim, and a trio of stamps from Plate #893 from Viva Las VegaStamps!. Using Helmar 450 adhesive, I finished off edges with ribbon edging, and some swirly metal photo corners.


After priming the box base with clear gesso, I covered all sides and edges with Miracle Tape and adhered crumpled silver cellophane for a textural base. Then I applied more miracle tape to line the walls of box with textural paper scraps rubbed with black and silver inks. I mounted a section of collaged paper into the background to complete the box. Miracle tape made assembly quick and easy...and best part - it's INSTANTLY DRY!

The secret of this project is that I stamped using Black Staz-on ink onto acetate. This reason was two-fold: first my collaged background is quite textured with paint and handmade paper so this is difficult to get a clear stamped image onto; and second, this is how I was able to get my Girl standing perfectly atop the bottle. I placed the bottle in position on top of the acetate, placed down a post-it note to mark the placement of bottle top, then aligned my stamp accordingly. **A TIP** I also made my acetate slightly larger than the inside of my box and trimmed it to fit when ready to assemble.

Presenting my Altered Collage Card Box!


Don't forget about the Viva Las VegaStamps! new release plates that are on pre-order for 20% off for only a few more days. The two plates below have one image on each {highlighted in purple} that were illustrated by yours truly. On the left is plate #909 ; and on the right is plate #918. CLICK HERE to see  all of the new plates for you to "ink, drink and be merry"!


Thanks so much for dropping by today! Hang around a little while and check out what the rest of the Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team has been up to. Don't forget to visit the Viva Las Vegastamps! store - for all your stamping needs and for every occasion...and MIRACLE TAPE, too!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. I'll be back with another stamping adventure real soon! Hope you have an inky day! Sb

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its looks great, love the recycled box.

Stamped Impressions said...

Love your recycling project with those stamps!

Barbara Rankin said...

I love your "one touch rule" and boy, did it work out great for you. This piece is amazing. I love how the winged girl sits right on top of that bottle. Excellent! as always.

Unknown said...

Wow I love this project!