Tuesday, December 25, 2012

WHO has Returned for CHRISTMAS in CHICAGO!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and welcome to Viva Las Vegastamps!!! Susan your Chief ELF here and today I am bringing you some inky inspiration... to Ink, Drink and be MERRY!


I am in my hometown of Chicago for Christmas and of course, I had my brand new stamps sent to meet me there. So today I have created a page in my Christmas SMASH book Travelogue that I started the other day on the Saturday Crafts Fair and I showed how I made my own VLVS! Tissue Tape using Miracle Tape and the Jingle Bells #10686 stamp.

I hold in my hot little hands my Police Box illustration
that has been turned into one of the new Viva Las VegaStamps!!!
  

Stamps used: Jingle Bells #10686 to create Tissue Tape on Miracle Tape and three stamps from Plate #909: Blue Police Box #19054, "Otto's Sweet Ride" #19049, and quote "Ink, Drink & Be Merry #19058".

    


I am working in this book like a Smash book crossed with an art journal and I am totally having fun with it. I painted my recycled 1998 calendar with a gesso mixure, then I collaged my tissue tape, paper scraps and parts of fussy cut sightseeing brochures - all nestled amongst my stamped images. I used my Ranger Distress Markers to color in the images and paint in a faux skyline. The finishing touch is a Jolee's Santa cap to adorn "Otto the Octopus", one of Brian Kesinger's illustrations on Plate #909.

My husband and I spent the day walking around downtown soaking in the sights and this is the perfect end to a day filled enjoying the Christmas spirit. Merry Christmas!

Look WHO's Visiting the WINDY CITY!


I hope you have a wonderful Holiday with family and friends today. Thanks so much for dropping by. If you have a little time... check out what the rest of the Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team has been up to. Or if you have a VLVS! gift certificate in your hands - head on over to the Viva Las Vegastamps! store - for all your stamping needs and for every occasion...and MIRACLE TAPE, too!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. I'll be back with another stamping adventure real soon! Hope you have an inky day! Sb

6 comments:

Stamped Impressions said...

Fabulous page!

Sheri said...

very cute! hope you had a great time here!

Sandra Strait said...

Could this be the St. Nick of Time?

Barbara Rankin said...

Oh wow. I love this page. I've been wanting to smash journal, too, but your page looks so cool. TFS. I may have to "borrow" some of your ideas. :)

Lyneen said...

AWESOME!!!! LOVE your CHRISTMAS POST!!!!

Glenda T. said...

That little Santa hat is the icing on the cake, love this!!