Saturday, March 23, 2013

Best Chick in Show!

Happy Saturday Everyone! Leslierahye here and in my part of the world the season has changed to Spring and we are about a week away from Easter. That means we will have lots of Easter events in the community and at the school celebrating the Spring Holiday. When I saw the May Arts Ribbons that the team were given to work with, the wide twill ribbon looked like it needed to be made into some sort of winner ribbon! So, I bring you the award for Best Chick in Show!

for this project you will need :
Mix'd Media Inx
Crepe Paper
May Arts Ribbon
Distress Reinkers
Maya Roads Pearl Mist



I began by stamping the hexagon background on my ribbon with Mix'd Media Inx and heat embossing with Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder. I then misted the ribbon and painted with Distress Reinkers the colors of Spring. I worked on a piece of white cardstock which would then become my chick--I dried it with the heat tool, stamped the chick and egg stamp with Mix'd Media Inx and heat embossed the image and fussy cut it out.

Once dry, I then went back with the scroll stamp on top of the ribbon and just heat set it.

I stamped the scroll on pink crepe paper as well. I then used Miracle Tape on the back of an EcoArtBoard 2×2 square to ruffle my stamped crepe paper. Miracle Tape on the edges of the board also held the crepe paper up to the sides covering the edges. The EcoArtBoard was painted with Distress Reinkers and the hex and swirl were once again stamped and heat embossed. The Chick and Egg image was attached to the front with foam tape. The ribbon was attached to the back with Miracle Tape...Our Best Chick in Show award is now ready to be presented!!

I hope you enjoy my project! Thank you for looking! ~leslierahye

A N N O U N C I N G
Join us all week starting Monday the 25th on the Viva Las VegaStamps! and Clearsnap blogs for inspiration using beautiful stamps and beautiful inks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet chickie ribbon, Leslie! :)

Sandra Strait said...

Love the ribbon technique!