Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easter Greetings!

Easter Island statues + bunny = quirky greeting card for this year's end-of-March celebration, perfect for my little oddball holiday celebrating of sorts. At any rate, a handful of bold images have been used here:  Easter Island Gang, Easter Greetings/Lilies and Dumb Bunny.  

I actually started out with Dumb Bunny - embossed him onto a piece of Kromecote cardstock using Stampo's Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder and colored him in using Copic markers.  I set him aside.




From there, I cut out a variety of patterned papers to layer onto a turquoise card.  The final top piece is actually another piece of Kromecote that I colored using some of the new Tim Holtz Distress Stains in shades of Peacock Feathers, Crushed Olive and Picked Raspberry - all touched up with a bit of Brushed Pewter.  Using Staz On ink, I stamped the Easter Island Gang and embossed the Easter Greetings/Lilies.

Voila!  Quirky greeting card for Easter.  A handful of jelly beans, a stack of new books, and a yearly screening of the French film, Chocolat will complete my holiday.  Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Squiddy said...

Easter Island, home of the Easter Bunny - one can see the evolution clearly now!