Friday, March 15, 2013

March Guest Designer : NAT KALBACH!

I have to start out by thanking each and every person who has ever used VLVS! -- each month I'm so ecstatic to introduce another guest designer. They always provide us with the most beautiful work using our stamps. I also thank each and every customer who uses our stamps. I especially love it when they share what they've created with us :) And our Creative Team is no exception. They provide beautiful inspiration day after day. 

I think I got a little mushy because we have such amazing artwork that is continually shared with us using our stamps. And today is no exception.. 

I introduce to you (as if she NEEDS an introduction) NAT KALBACH.

 

"Hi, my name is Nathalie Kalbach. I live with my husband Jim and our spoiled rotten cat in Hamburg, Germany.
I discovered Scrapbooking and Mixed Media in 2004. I was always drawn to the more messy and painty side of Mixed Media and I love to mix and match colors and paint products. I think everyone can be creative and that creativity just has to be freed. Just like it had to be freed in me, since my professional life was one of a paralegal …I just quit my job 2 years ago to be a full time Mixed Media Artist.
My layered work is an explosion of texture, dimension and jewel tone colors. In my workshops I share my secrets for using paint and ink to reveal texture, give tips for embedding found objects and show how to unlock your personal creativity.
I have worked and still work with many different manufacturers like Prima Marketing, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L, Derwent and Liquitex. I am a Prima Educator since 200." 

 
I am so thrilled to be a guest designer for Viva Las Vegas Stamps. I used the Charred Wood Background Stamp to create my own background for a grungy layout. The layout is about the East Side Gallery - a tiny remaining bit of the Berlin Wall that was painted by different artists in 1990 and now unfortunately is supposed to be torn down to make room for some luxury flats. 


I love to create my own backgrounds using stamps to emphasize photos or the feelings and emotions that go along with photos. For this background I had stamped the background with the awesome Charred Wood Back Ground Stamp and embossing powder and then used Wow Bonding Powder and Foil on top. This created a kind of resist. So when I sprayed soem Dylusion spray inks over the stamp image and texture of it got fully revealed. 
 
 
Other Suppliess used:
White Cardstock
WOW Bonding Powder
WOW Foil
Versamark
Ranger's Dylusions Spray Inks
Liquitex Professional Spray Paints
Heidi Swapp Chipboard Letters
Rose Moka Journaling Cards
Posca Marker
Zig Journaling Pen


Huge hugs
nat

2 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Awesome layout! Thank you for the inspiration!

C. M. Taylor said...

I love what you did to make this a beautiful piece of art. It is one thing to think outside the box, another to make it all work together!
Thanks for sharing.
Taylor