Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Stamping with Pan Pastels {with technique video}

Our 2nd post today is brought to you by Amy Lassiter and she's stamping with a paste made from her PanPastels -- CHECK IT OUT!

 
Hello stampy friends! It's Amy here today,to share a layout I created using some fun techniques with Pan Pastels AND Viva Las VegaStamps! It was so fun to play with a new medium, and to create something a little bit out of my box in style. :)
go full, VLVS, allassiter





















I used the Pan Pastels both wet and dry. I had fun finding a few techniques, that were easy and gave a big impact at the same time. The vibrant colors were great to blend and layer, and I used them all over the page, to give the paint splash look, as well as to stamp with!
photo, go, close
top stamping, go





























For the wider sections of the page that are covered in color, I used the sponge wand, and gently blended colors from the inside out. Between each layer I added, I sprayed the page with Fixative to keep the pastels from flaking off. As you can see in my video below, even after using the pastels wet(which makes for a great texture relief), the fixative keeps it all in place. I could even stamp with black and blue ink over the top,as well as draw and blend (using water) with Aquarelle without smudging the pastels.
pan pastels, side, close


































Have a look at the quick video I created to show the stamping technique I used with the Pan Pastels:
 If you'd like to see how I created a chalky type texture "paint splatter....." head over HERE to watch that video.
Thanks so much for having a look today....and give Pan Pastels a try, you may find a new medium you love (like I did!)  
Supply List: Viva Las VegaStamps!: Harlequin Diamond Background, adventure awaits, color wheel lines,, waybill/invoice background
Paper: 7 Dots Studio- Nature Walk, Prima, Glitz Design, Graphic 45
Ink: IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko, Liquitex, Lindy's Stamp Gang, Heidi Swapp Color Shine
watercolor pencil: Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Aquarelles
 Fibers: May Arts (twine), vintage Chipboard: UmWowStudio, Pink Paislee
Embellishments: 7 Gypsies, Bead Landing, Gauche Alchemy (yellow color kit), vintage
Pan Pastels: Violet, Permanent Red, Orange

3 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Very artistic result!
kind regards, Alie

by belle said...

Such a lovely background!!

Tera Callihan said...

Beautiful Layout!!