Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Wall Art



Hello and Happy Tuesday!  

Tina here today with my 2nd month of Guest Designing with VLVS.  I am having a great time getting to know y’all and sharing in my passion for creating art.

Today, I am sharing a project that screams ‘me’!


I LOVE creating Home Décor projects, especially wall art.  I love to create unique, one-of-a-kind projects that can be displayed in my home.  I can customize them to fit my décor and color scheme and there is a sense of pride of something handmade.

Using Staz On Ink (I knew I would be adding layers of paint and markers, and I didn’t want the ink to run), I stamped 'Sun Background' to a piece of heavy watercolor paper.  Before ‘painting’ my image with acrylic paint markers, I gave my image a wash of pale color with watercolors.   


Once the watercolor was dry, I began ‘painting’ the image with markers and doodle pens.  Using the stamped image as a guide, I added additional elements and doodles.  This is one of my favorite techniques with stamps.  Since I cannot draw, I use them as a guide for embellishing and drawing.  It really makes creating art fool-proof.

So next time you want to have a Home Décor remodel, remember to pull out your stamps and create a bit of Wall Art.

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day.

Tina

2 comments:

chaddy233 said...

Love this Tina!!!

VicR said...

Great wall art, Tina! reminds me of zentangle doodles :)