Wednesday, July 16, 2014

You Had the Power All along...

Hi Guys, Karen here with you again.  Hope you've had a wonderful week so far.
 Its my turn to share with you a tag or two  using lots of different Viva Las VegaStamps!
 
You had the Power all along My Dear....
 
As soon as I saw the weathered tree on  plate 1444,
I had an idea floating around in my head..
 

 
  I knew I wanted to team it with the little witch silhouette from the 
 
 
 
 and the Spider on Web Line.
 
 
I started by choosing my base paper again from the Nature Walk collection by 7Dots Studio, and stamped the tree and spider... I just  love the look of the two of them together, extra spooky.. these would be perfect just like this for a Halloween project..
 
 
I then stamped the witch from the Kids in costumes silhouette. I did this by just applying ink to her silhouette on the stamp, then wiping off any ink that may have been in areas that I didn't want inked before I stamped.  I found this worked really well with this particular stamp. I then fussy cut the image and added in a bit of black cotton thread before sticking her down with foam mounting tape. ( the tape helps to secure the cotton thread as well )

 
I then stamped the
 
 

 
and arranged it on the right hand side of the witch silhouette, once again using foam mounting tape, to add some dimension.

 
 lastly I added in some UmWow Studio star confetti , some Tim Holtz Idea-ology,prima crystals and machine stitching  to finish it off.
 
 
 
 
and  Next up as a added little bonus : A Banksy inspired tag using images from Plate 1443.  Its full of lots of awesome goodness. I've used the Gas Mask flower Girl - love this stamp!, Rat walking chain, Shopping carts ( I've only inked up the area of the stamp with the large shopping cart) and Where is My mind saying.
 
 
I've also used a Tim Holtz layering Stencil and the waybill/invoice stamp to add a bit more to my background. The barcode is from the December Daily plate.
 

 
Thanks so much for stopping by.. I hope you're feeling a little inspired, until next time, Happy creating!
Karen xxx





4 comments:

Annie said...

LOVE both tags!...and the way you think!

by belle said...

Karen both tags are fab!!

Tindaloo said...

awesome projects! :)

Chark said...

Love these--the Glinda project is close to my heart (love Oz!) and I really like how interesting the piece is--with the stitching, the corner piece, the different stamps.