Tuesday, September 09, 2014

The Journey Awakens the Soul, Mixed Media Canvas

Hello and Happy Tuesday!  Tina here today with a mini mixed media canvas, full of personal meaning and feeling.

One of my latest obsessions, is creating mini mixed media canvases.  There is something about their smaller size that is less threatening and overwhelming.  I especially love incorporating metal embellishments with stamped images for a different, eclectic look.


The Whimsical Diver stamp is quickly becoming a favorite.  I find myself reaching for it over and over again.  For this project, I simply stamped the image onto heavy cardstock, then colored the image for effect.  I also added a few alcohol ink colored rhinestones for texture.


Using the same sprays and paints on the canvas AND embellishments,  I created a cohesive project that looks like all of the individual parts were made for each other.  


In addition to the texture created on my canvas with a Crafters Workshop stencil, I added a bit of stamping, using Bubble Background.  This is a great stamp for creating amazing texture on any mixed media project.

What is your current creative obsession?  I'd love to hear about it!  Maybe it will become my next crafty project!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

by belle said...

Right now I am obsessed with watercolors!! I absolutely LOVE this canvas!!