Monday, October 20, 2014

A Simple Wish

Hi everyone :)

DeeDee here today! I'm always very fond of "CAS" cards (Clean and Simple) because they SEEM like they should be quick to put together, and quick to get the point across, and perfect for little notes here n there. That being said, I can never do them. EVER. 

However, that doesn't mean I don't attempt them. So, here is my stab at a CAS card for a local friend who was doing some healing : 


The base of the card is Nature Walk from 7 Dots Studio with a layer of punched watercolor paper on top. There's a bit of gray watercolor paint in the next layer (Which I think puts me over the CAS limit already! hah.) 



Then I've taken the Blowing Dandelion with Extra Seed and stamped only the seed across the card in two colors; Versafine Black and Versafine Smoky Gray from our friends @ ImagineCRAFTS. The sentiment was hand written on coordinating watercolor paper and adhered down.

Are you any good at CAS cards? I feel about midway successful with this one. I'll be giving them a go again soon :)

4 comments:

by belle said...

For me the CAS stuff takes the LONGEST! This is a great one!!

mama mia said...

Amazing. CAS for sure. I love it!

Karen said...

One of my favorite stamps-love the card.

DeeDee Catron said...

Thanks so much ladies :)