Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Elephant is in the room, Art Journal page

Hello and Happy Wednesday!!  Tina Walker here today!

Today, I am sharing an Art Journal page, full of texture, color, and fun!  If you have seen several of my past posts, you know that one of my favorite techniques is to create Art Journal pages using Gelli Plate Prints.  I love the  instant background you achieve with the prints and I love to embellish them to create an art journal or doodle page.


To create my art journal page, I enhanced the circle design to add more texture and interest.

But before I did this, I created my focal point....the stamped, embossed elephants.  I LOVE this Whimsical Elephant stamp.


I added color to each elephant using Gelly Roll Pens.  (love these).  They have a great opaque, bright color and are perfect!


Once the pen dried, I started added texture and embellishing the circle design.  To do this, I punched a circle from a scrap piece of cardstock to use as a mask.  I then stamped within the punched shape.  This only added the stamped image to the circle.


Super easy, but effective.


The stamping added great texture and interest to the plain background.  I love this technique and will be using it again.

Stamps used:
Dictionary Page
Design Crosses
Lacy Lines




I hope you enjoyed my page today!  I am always looking for new stamp techniques.  Please share them with us.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: