Friday, February 20, 2015

Guest Designer >> Tiffany Goff Smith

Today we have a great mixed media artist joining us. I stumbled upon her on facebook and am excited to have her along!

Introducing Tiffany Smith: 

Hi I'm Tiffany Smith a southern belle from the beautiful Gulf Coast of Alabama. I have a passion to create unique, colorful and textured pieces of art. Growing up in a home with a mother that was always drawing, crocheting, knitting or painting. Trying new things is built in DNA. It is extremely therapeutic to walk into my studio and began to slap paint in my journal or latest project. I hope you enjoy what I have made for you today.

And now I'll let her take over:

Tiffany Smith here I will be your guest designer today.


 
It's something about the month of February that just draws you to hearts, I mean they are EVERYWHERE I look. So for today I have created a cute little wall hanging out of recycled cardboard. I have a passion (well some may say an obsession) for taking ordinary "junk" and giving it new life. In this mixed media project I used layers of cardboard, vintage handwritten letter, gesso, muslin fabric, acrylic paints and the Stitching and Tape X stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps!.

 

The thing I love most about these stamps is they are so versatile in my projects I love to add layers and texture and they are perfect for doing just that.

Thanks so much for joining us today Tiffany! Your work is so great and we're honored to have you here  using our rubber stamps.

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! Jo x

by belle said...

Great wall hanging! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Anonymous said...

Miss your Youtube videos! Hope you have time to make more.

Arty Auntie said...

Congratulations, Tiffany! Tiffany Goff Smith is a fantastic artist and is loved by all who know her and her art. She is always inspiring us with her beautiful and creative work, and this is no exception. Great selection for a guest designer, DeeDee!

Unknown said...

Oh thanks Deb my camcorder went out, I should be up and rolling in no time.

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

I am so excited for you Tiffany.. I know this is only the beginning for your artful future.. I love how you used these stamps on project.. Did i mention how nice it would look on my wall... and my address is.. btw.. send the stamps too!! :) Congrats to you!!