Friday, April 17, 2015

It's 5 o'Clock Somewhere... With a TWIST!


Welcome to Viva Las Vegastamps! Susan here with a tutorial perfect for celebrating happy hour. It's been quite a week and I can certainly use one of these after tax day.


For my creation today, I'm using just one image - "Martoony #9179". By stamping on deli paper, I'm going to seamlessly layer this onto another monoprint on deli paper to get a painterly feel without all the fussy cutting. I stamped the image onto deli paper using black StazOn ink.


While that is drying, I quickly paint a sheet of white cardstock with DecoArt® Americana ® Neons Thermal Green acrylic paint using a recycled gift card to spread the paint over the sheet. WHOA that is bright! I will use this as my base layer.


I place my stamped image over my monoprint and plan placement. I want to add a little color to my martini before tacking down.

   

Using a small paintbrush, I fill in the liquid with some of the neon green diluted with a bit of water; and tint the glass with diluted Mermaid Lagoon Distress Paint. 

   

I tear out my image from the larger section of deli paper and now I'm ready to assemble. Using a matte gel medium, I spread a layer onto the base green painted cardstock and press my monoprint into it. I use my makeshift scraper to smooth down and add a layer of gel medium to the top. 


I repeat the process with the martini glass. I used a small paintbrush to apply gel medium to the back of my image, pressed it down, then used the scraper to flatten down. I love the seamless look and my three layers are now one. Now I'm ready to do my favorite part... hand color!

   

I used my Sakura of America Gelly Roll® Stardust® Pens to add color to the glass and lime twist - this makes them pop! Using the Versamarker {this is a pen filled with Versamark ink} I strategically placed the clear fluid to apply a small amount of Violet Pearl WOW Embossing Powder to give that liquidy shimmer.

"Time for Happy Hour with Van Gogh"


• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Other Supplies: Deli paper; monoprinted deli paper using Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic paints {Cadmium Orange Hue and Cerulean Blue} on a Gelli Arts® Gel Printing Plate; white cardstock; DecoArt® Americana ® Neons Thermal Green acrylic paint; Mermaid Lagoon Ranger Distress Paint; Versamarker; Violet Pearl WOW Embossing PowderSakura of America Gelly Roll® Stardust® Pens; paintbrush; recycled gift card; and Liquitex Matte Gel Medium.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Thanks so much for dropping by! It's a brand new month - check out the April inspiration board... just makes you want to get inky. Join us and play along with the April inspiration challenge {CLICK HERE for details}. Just make a creation using the inspiration above and your stash of VLVS! stamps... you could win more RUBBER!

Have you seen the four new plates of stamps that are on pre-sale??? CLICK HERE to feast your eyes! Take some time to browse around the blog here and the amazing creations from the entire VLVS! Team... there's so much amazing inky inspiration to see!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. Hope you have a fabulous day!!  Sb

2 comments:

Robin Horasanian said...

Fabulous and fun!

Corrie Herriman said...

Love it !
Corrie x