Sunday, August 30, 2015

Be An Adventurer

Who is up for another adventure??!!  I always am and today I am sharing a card to wish adventures to others.


Hi all, Michele here today with a fun layered background technique that can be used so many different ways!!


 I used my background for a card so I started with a bit of watercolor paper.  You could also do this on a tag or ATC...  You also need Distress ink, embossing ink and embossing power, I used Ultra High Gloss from VLVS!


I used the Numbers Set to stamp my background in Distress ink.


I gave it a quick heat set.


Then stamped the Map of the World in embossing ink.


 Sprinkled on the Ultra High Gloss embossing powder.


Heat embossed.


For a clear resist.


Then I covered the entire paper with Distress ink.


I used a baby wipe over the embossed stamp.


Then used a darker Distress ink around the edges.

I added layers of paper before I finished the rest of my stamping.

I stamped the Flock of Geese in archival ink.



Then the Toy Airplane too and embossed it.

 
I stamped Be An Adventurer on a scrap bit and tied some May Arts burlap string to the banner and poked a hole in the plane tail and tucked it under.


All the paper I used on this fun card was from my scrap bin...I LOVE it when that works out!!!

Until next time...stamp, stamp, stamp!!

2 comments:

Kathyk said...

Just a fab make

Kathyk

Corrie Herriman said...

Cool !
Corrie x