Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Freaky Little Clay Pendants

What a thrill to be asked to participate as a guest blogger on VLVS! 
When I received these gorgeous stamps in the mail I just started playing right away! 
I mean how could you not,right! 


As a mixed media artist I love incorporating all sorts of things into my work
but one of my favorite things to add  are words.
So when I first spotted these yummy word stamps I new right away I wanted to not only
incorporate them,but to also make something wearable.This is what I came up with.

This Stamp spoke to me right away....I suppose because I always consider myself a freak

well,...more like this kind of freak...heehee.


Come on....I know there are a lot of you fellow freaks out there!! 

I started with white oven baked clay and free formed a circle.I stamped the quote into the clay and then used an awl to create the holes.


Before baking I added some Primary Yellow Deco Art Fluid and then I baked it following the clay directions. 


Next,I added Patina Gliders paste and let it dry. 


Then I added some Antiquing Cream and removed the excess with a paper towel. 


I then sprinkled with some Magenta.


and lastly I coated in a layer of Polyurethane.(I also made some without the Polyurethane and I liked that look as well.If you decide to not coat it,then make sure you seal it with Modge Podge.



For some of my pieces I also made a fabric bed using scraps of trim and findings.Once my pieces were dry I hand stitched them on to the fabric beds. 


I added some jump rings and chain,and they were ready to wear! 



Hope you give these a try! The only issue...I didn't want to stop...ended up making about 10 of them! heehee! 

Later Freaks! 
Cat

Stamps used in this tutorial:




 Cat Kerr is a Mixed Media Artist/Instructor. She lives in Central Florida with her husband and two kids. Her work has been featured in many national publications such as Somerset Studio,Belle Armoire Jewelry,Clothe Paper Scissors and many more. Her work has also been featured on three covers.

Cat currently teaches online and at national retreats around the country. To inquire about her work,online shops and teaching schedule,you can visit her at http://www.catkerr.com







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Cat, these are stunningly gorgeous! I'd love to get my hands on those yummy stamps and certainly give this project a go! Thanks for sharing yet another amazingly fantastic creation. You are a freaking freak!

Susanne Rose said...

They are so beautiful!!! Amazing work!

Julie S said...

These are so fun! Love!

Lp said...

Love the color combo. Just right. Thanks for the tips!

by belle said...

Awesome idea!! I love them ALL!