Thursday, September 10, 2015

Let's get lost in unknown destination




Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to first VLVS post in September.
Irit is here and this time I decided to make a journal page again (so what if it's not in my journal? I can always glue it into with a drop of a good glue, like a few strips of VLVS Miracle tape); it's just easier to make those art pages separately.
As you know any art journal page needs  it's title. So first thing I picked my titles from my VLVS stamps collection (not as big with sentiments as I want, but yet I can manage ). So my title as picked is Destination Unknown and as the extra words I added Let's get lost, Discover and Explore.
The next step was  to pick the color scheme and I decided on reds and blues with a bit of coppers.
The whole page was built around the couple- they can be a family, friends or just random people around who are moving somewhere, but yet not sure about the  destination.
Each image was stamped with clear embossing ink (I used VersaMark as that's what I have, but any clear ink is perfect); then I heat embossed each stamped image with coordinating embossing powder: red, blue, copper and black. The heat embossed background is misted and inked with distress inks. I usually begin with mists and if the coverage is not sufficient I add inks and more mists.



My favortie background stamps were used to make the background:
Cracked background,Solid color wheel, Color wheel lines, Torn paper and Postal background.




I hope you liked my art piece.
VLVS USED TO MAKE THIS PIECE:
Cracked background  Item 16208 Plate 1287
Solid color wheel-Item 19339 Plate 1435
Color wheel lines-Item 19338 Plate 1435
Let's get lost Item 19348 Plate 1435
Destination unknown Item 19019 Plate 890
Discover Item 19024 Plate 890
Explore Item 19022 Plate 890
 Writing Arrow Item 19078 Plate 917
Postal background Item 14596 Plate 1200 
Man and Woman symblom  Item 19080 Plate 917
Torn paper Item 19341 Plate 1435



My new design adventure


1 comment:

Corrie Herriman said...

Fantastic page Irit !
Corrie x