Monday, July 11, 2016

Mail Art Monday with Michele


It's Monday again, funny how that happens...and for my mail art I got back to nature!!

I cut a 6x6 envelope out of heavy cardstock and went for a practice run with my background colors.


It felt earthy to me so I cut another envelope, taped off spots for the address and return address with washi tape, sprayed my background with Distress Spray and got stamping.


I used Moon Circle, Wildflowers Silhouette, Skinny Fir Tree for all my stamping.
The Um Wow Studio Light Bulb Stencil works perfectly with the moon circle and I used Distress paint to creat those rays.


Some very simple doodling around the address boxes and viola!!

Now of course I had to create a card to go in that envelope...  


This is the Leafy Sunflower and Single Sunflower/Small to create this little bouquet.  Then colored with watercolor pencils.  The Delight in the Little Things sentiment is perfect for so many occasions and is one of my new go to's.


I fell in love with the contrast of the bold colors and the muted colors!!  So much fun to create!!

Until next time-get inky!!

3 comments:

Tera Callihan said...

Pooh love it!!!

Cheetarah said...

Really gorgeous!

Julie S said...

Beautiful! I'm impressed with how well the tape blocked the sprays. I would have thought it would ooze underneath a smidge. I think I'll be using my sprays a lot more now. :)