Friday, September 16, 2016

Skulls and bones



Hi all!!
This months inspiration challenge is SPOOKTACULAR!!


Michele here today with some challenge inspiration...this month I did a canvas inspired by bones, skeletons, spooky, creepy halloween!

I have a little tutorial on the background to share but first, here is my canvas.


I started building my background with an Um Wow Studio stencil and some heavy gesso.


While that was drying I used some of the Tim Holtz tissue and stamped the Skull several times in grey ink.


In black archival ink I stamped the Humerus Bone around the edge of the canvas.


On the canvas I sprayed Antique Linen Distress Spray and water.


After some dry time...I used matt medium to put down the tissue.


I did a little random stamping with the Smear/Smudge and Ink Drips with brown archival inks.


The skulls on the tissue look like a watermark!!


I just love background stamping!!


And a look at the crackle in my resin skull cast using Amazing Casting Products.  Thanks to Tina Walker for the use of her mold!!!
I also used a chip cobweb from Um Wow Studios, a fuzzy spider from my stash, black thread, thickers and cheese cloth srayed with Distress Spray.


I hope you are inspired!!!  You can link up your creation here.

Until next time, get inky!!

No comments: