Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas Greetings for HIM

Hi all!!!  Here we are just 3 days before Christmas...wow it flew by fast!!!  Are you all ready??  How about some inspiration for a last minute card for HIM.


I have a tutorial for you today, it is picture heavy so grab a cuppa and see for yourself how I have been foiling stamped images!!


I started with a piece of white cardstock, Deer Head by Cat Kerr and some Heidi Swapp reactive screen ink.


I put a small dab on my craft mat and rolled my brayer through it.


I rolled it over my stamp which I had on the appropriate size acrylic block.


I made sure the entire image was covered with the ink.


You can see the detail you still get in the stamped image.  Let the ink dry.


After cleaning the screen ink off the stamp and while the stamped image is drying stamp in archival ink on a piece of white cardstock and on dictionary page to be used as a mask.


Cut a piece of foil the size of the stamped image.  Lay the piece on top foil side up.



I used a laminating machine which came with a folder to put your images in to run through the machine.


When the machine is heated up run the folder through.


It cools very fast, when it is ready peel the foil off.


Look at this foiled image!!!


Using the cut out mask stamped on the dictionary page cover the deer part of the image, I left the antler gold.


With the Thicker Fir Branch stamp in green archival ink at the bottom of the deer image.


I cut the deer head out of my other piece of cardstock, colored with Distress Markers and a water brush and adhered.


Aren't these golden antlers AWESOME?!!


To finish the card off I stamped the Christmas Wishes sentiment and created a banner.  I used foam bits to add some depth.
And there you have it...a quick manly card for him.

As we are wrapping up the last month of this term and 2016 I hope you have been inspired.  Thanks so much for visiting and spending time with us while we share bits of our art with you.
Merry Christmas to all and to all MAKE SOME ART!


1 comment:

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous !
Corrie x