Monday, January 23, 2017

Mail Art Monday with a grungy twist

Hello Again Everyone! 

It's me Tera here again with another fun
 Mail Art Monday tutorial



For this piece I was inspired by this months inspiration board.  I just love the vintage, grungy feel of everything.  I hope you enjoy this piece as much as I do!



(and be shocked I actually remembered to take a picture at each step!!)


Other Supplies: 
Black ink (Versafine Onyx Black)
Distress inks- Ground espresso, weathered wood, Iced Spruce, hickory smoke, pumice stone
distress ink blending tools
water (for droplet effect)
Distress Spray stain -Black Soot , white (picket fence)
Microns 



Begin by masking off where you want your address to be (I traced around this with my black micron).  Next I stamped my focal image to build around in black ink.



 To start my layers for the background, and give this piece depth, I stamped the next two images in "Hickory Smoke" distress ink.  


Next, I wanted to add some more foreground/mid-ground layers so I went back to black and used some of my smaller stamps to partial stamp some of the spaces.


I liked how this step looked so I used distress inks to ink the background with my ink blending tools.  This pulls the piece together, but I wanted a little more grungy feel, so I added some water droplets, as well as drops and splatters from the 2 distress stains. 


(this is the 1st layer of ink)

I let everything dry then removed my mask to reveal the final piece.



(Now to find the perfect postage stamp to go with it!) 



2 comments:

by belle said...

Gorgeous Tera!! I love all of those stamps together!!

Tera Callihan said...

Thank you! They are so much fun to mix and match!