Monday, March 20, 2017

Hop on in for Mail Art Monday...

Hello!

Welcome Back for another Mail Art Monday!



Stamps Used:
Creepy Rabbit by Tera Callihan
Hippitty Hoppitty

Today is an EXTRA fun piece for me because both of the stamps used on this piece are actually created by me!
(I hope you like them!)


To start, I used a piece of paper cut to 8.5in x 8.5 in
 (which makes and A2 envelope when used with my envelope punch board)
 I layered some Dylusions paints, Tim Holtz distress paint and Tim Holtz layering stencils to create my background. 
(the colors I used were squeezed orange, pure sunshine, bubble gum pink, and white linen. I also used the Tim Holtz sponge dauber in picked raspberry and wild honey)


Next I added a few scraps of Tim Holtz tissue paper to add some visual interest. 
After I got all of the background layers just right I stamped my bunny on the envelope and again on a separate piece of paper. I used a variety of markers to color him. 


 To glue him to the envelope I used Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium, which really made the colors even more intense! 
(yes I used this on the bottom and top of the bunny so he would be safe going through the post)

Lastly,  to finish everything off I stamped "Hippitty Hoppitty" by my little bunny! 
Sorry I forgot to take progress photos, but you know how it is when you really get into a project! you have too much fun! 

I can't wait to get this little guy paired up with the perfect stamp and mailed out to his new home! 
Happy crafting!


No comments: